There are numerous health benefits of occasional detox programs, and the following soup cleanse will boost your immune and digestive system, and improve the function of the kidneys, liver, gut, lymphatic system, and skin.
We recommend that you follow this program for a day only initially, and then, after a month, do a three-day soup cleanse.
You should consume 5-6 bowls of soup daily with lots of water. Here are the principles of the cleanse:
- Prepare a bone, miso, or vegetable broth, and spice it up with ginger, cinnamon, cumin, garlic, or turmeric.
- Add fibrous veggies such as carrots, kale, onions, spinach, zucchini, leeks, etc.
- Add proteins-lentils, nuts, beans
- Add starchy veggies such as beets, potatoes, parsnips, acorn squash, etc.
- You can add ghee, olive, avocado, coconut oil, etc.
- We suggest three recipes for delicious and healthy detox soups:
Recipe 1: Carrot & Ginger Soup
- 3 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 lbs carrots, chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 6 cup bone or vegetable broth
- Sea salt, blac